Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Vanessa

too much wind/
too windy to walk and write

seek shelter for my thoughts and feelings

delighted to see her
out of the blue appearing, smiling

even if only warmly, not boiling
like she sometimes is

in the heat of customers to serve
with me entering, added

she emerged from somewhere
some obscure area

entered my senses
but oh what work before her to do

though big enough for task assigned
I sympathize, empathize

though I am too lazy
to lift aught but my pen
to assemble aught but a poem

easy when she sends me inspiration
lends a hand as it were

do I help at all
to make what she has to lift lighter

am I as much a gift to her
as she is to me

so long since I’ve been
on a see-saw with someone


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
7:38 p.m. 03.02.09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home