Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Draw In A Chiffonier
for D.B.A.

cannot wait until I'm married
to come to life, to be alive
I must live now

I'm dying now
and I must have my antidote,
its antidote

and it is she and she is it
she’s life to me, and joy to me

all to me and more to me
against life becoming less and less

need the antithetical other
minute by minute too alter

too late to wait until later
must have this balance now

she is death's undoing
ungluing me from death’s sticky hands

its paws, its claws, closing
she opens again, demands that he flee
from her and from me

while we embrace, while we go wild
two unusual lovers, two poets

one a young chick the other a rooster
should have been rusty
but because of love and art, is not

how we got shoved into each other
a draw in a chiffonier, full of underwear

I know not, I do not question
heaven or her or happy


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
1:28 a.m. 12.03.10

1 Comments:

Anonymous D.A. said...

Like you accept 'happy', do you accept or expect death?

The concept of one being the counter force to 'Azrael' or 'Grim Reaper' is quite interesting.

There is more than a/one draw in a chiffonier. Two in your case. Can you have them both open at once? There is balance is your poetry but is it the same in your life?

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 5:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home