Sunday, April 04, 2010

Beautiful Cold Canada
for D.B.A.

run around girl
is she a runaround girl
go around girl
come around girl

priceless as she is
has she a cheap side

are there those who look askance
at what I get away with

at what I'm able to write of her
where I'm allowed
to push and to shove my pen

should I draw her in pencil
to be able to erase her
to be able to rub her out

rub her in like White Rub
when my bones ache

rely upon her to revive me
how very different
she makes the whole world seem

don't like when I'm worried
or when I have to worry
about our attachment
about our connection

should I worry about who,
because of her, I am detached
or detaching from

am I with poems, with pen
laboring to release her, to liberate her

manumitted together
we can, if we choose, be off
to beautiful cold Canada

I wonder about the ties she has
competing with hers and mine

with me for her meatiest parts
and meatiest places

turn around and already
someone has gone off
with the bungee of the turkey


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
6:02 p.m. 03.04.10

1 Comments:

Anonymous D.A. said...

To enjoy warm turkey in Canada, nothing like pork I suppose; tasty.

Word of advice: with a run around girl you might want to consider a round trip ticket to Canada for her.

I love your movement in the poem. I also love the motion of emotion, the shift, the 'turn around' may be signifying a leave.

But the best things are worth fighting for.

Sunday, April 11, 2010 2:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home