Monday, April 12, 2010

Cabbage Head
for D.B.A.

defecating, evacuating feces
adamant about not telling
about not sharing

she who initiated these questions
insists that we ask
what are you doing
what were you doing

have you eaten
what have you eaten
what are you eating

all right to talk about
what enters the alimentary canal
not all right to say
what passes from it

is it not the same food though
sweet, tasty,
sweet tasting not long ago
passed through us and passing out
part refused by our bodies

unpleasant smelling
because broken down
undergone decomposition
like cabbage, tomatoes, bananas
left too long upon a shelf
within the fridge or somewhere else

animals and plants we ate
fruits and vegetables
once again, soil

like chicken mess
like horse manure
fodder, fertilizer

what we ourselves will be
eventually and entirely

though maybe not
our skulls and bones
but all else, all flesh

all flesh is grass
according to scripture

she was just not going to tell me
what she was engaged in
candid as she is with me
usually, normally

you'd have to use
your imagination, she said

when she had relaxed somewhat
uptight still

unprepared to relax enough
to let me enter, let me into
where she was

share whatever small room
she occupied

when in the house
of our relationship
I want, I wanted
no locked doors
no locked draws

were her draws off
was she shitting

on the phone with me
in conversation


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
1:55 p.m. 12.04.10

1 Comments:

Anonymous D.A. said...

Drenched, dripping wet, hot and hardly breathing, in fact half asleep. cleaning up after myself. Myself performing, on the phone, multi-tasking, as usual, during that hour of the night I was only pampering myself.

Monday, April 12, 2010 6:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home