Friday, April 09, 2010

Knead Like Dough
for D.B.A.

i.
in between, time between
being in touch and being in touch
between contact and contact

to connect like electricity,
like wires, put pen to paper
light between us comes on

to make love between us live
to be sure it does

to keep a light alight
to keep our love alive

ii.
into the men’s room
in this new theatre at C.O.B.

Color of Harmony,
hands to wash
pastries, sweets

had too many of one
of chocolate made

powdery topping,
part left in my left palm

hadn't realized until alone
all this space, all for me

just how much
I was missing you
my sweet sweet sweet

I never have to wash off
hands nor mouth

in me where
I cannot reach
cannot even digest

in my life and heart
in my hour of need
in me kneel and pray

not the stuff
to knead like dough

unless later
unless lovers

we are not as unique
as we imagine

many such affairs
in hearts going on
in secret transpiring

to have fallen in love with you
as natural as rain or snow
as Niagara or Victoria

fall in love, are we able
to fall out again
as if from a bed


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
Written between 1:05 p.m.
and 9:09 p.m., Thursday,
April 8, 2010

1 Comments:

Anonymous D.A. said...

I did fall out of bed once maybe twice, the impact woke me from a dream, and I wished I was still sleeping.

To connect with your title, perhaps the bit of powder that was left in your hand could be that bit of me left on you, everytime we interact and you from that generate enought to kneed dough.

Is Kneed Like Dough in any way synonymous with Our Daily Bread.

Friday, April 09, 2010 10:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home