Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Shooting Stars
for D.B.A.

i.
tight fit, tight fitting outfit
tight as our relationship

clothes you wear
from trees and animals made
I envy them their closeness

naked underneath them
wish I had you naked in my arms
held you naked in my arms

any move you made in my embrace
like this light sweater
with its long sleeves against the cold

like these tight, short jeans
how hot you are
on a cold day, in a cold world
in a cold whirl, in a hot whirl

can I be blamed for wanting you
for being in love,
for being as helpless as I am
this Easter Monday

ii.
I wish I knew in words, words heard
the things you ponder in your heart

reactions to things I throw
I long to know
what you think and what you feel

how early and how natural it seems
a woman learns to be discrete

knows what to speak of
and about what to keep silent

I must guess at what you think
at what you feel

always happy to be near you
to be friends and to be lovers

but there is so much that is not expressed
that's not direct

can feel your love, can feel it strong
wish that it was reinforced

wish for the complement of
I love you, Obadiah
you make me so hot
I get wet to put the fire out

when will you learn
to talk to me like this, like that

crowing now, exploding now
like a volcano now

talk to me like I suggest
how easily I'd ejaculate
stars


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
Written on Easter Monday,
April 5, 2010, between
10:25 p.m. and 11:32 p.m.

1 Comments:

Anonymous D.A. said...

Like a star, pretty to see, to feel, the heat, the light- in the darkness but far away and hard to reach. Make a wish, would you please?

Tuesday, April 06, 2010 6:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home