Sunday, April 11, 2010

Polite, Gentleman-like
for A.B.A.

I'd like to fuck her
want that to be possible
before she goes away or goes astray

let that be my farewell present
break my heart into bits
in her pussy muscles, like biscuit
in a cookie monster's mouth

I could live with that or I could learn
what antipathy arises, what ire
her suggestion of separation inspires

something burning though
to go out with, like a star
plummeting down to its dark address

want to blaze before I go out
if I must go out

she says it would only be but partial
but is love to be treated
like jobs these days

instead of fired you're put on half days
on half pay

I'd like to fuck her, truth be told
if poetry would, this once, speak up
speak from and for my heart of hearts

rather than equivocate, rather than polite,
gentleman-like

willing to put desire on hold
until school books are closed
desires even she does not set aside
she expresses, she pursues

here I am, willing to wait
or suggesting I am or I would
until she has her PhD
or is an MD or an MP

must let her know
I desire to fuck her now
enough of fuckin' fantasizing


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
4:20 a.m. 11.04.10

1 Comments:

Anonymous D.A. said...

Absolutely Amazing. Blatant. Not in anyway sugar-coated.

And how poetry says what the lips shall not.

Last stanza, my favorite.

Monday, April 12, 2010 5:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home