Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Jalapeño Peppers
for D.B.A.

i.
able to enhance vegetable fried rice
with extra egg, with extra bean sprouts
with no MSG

but what's to be done about the fact
that the girl I'm in love with is back in school
Easter Break is over and days are all changed

must be careful
not to fill the air with romance or its fragrance
not to distract anyone in the class room
left to turn the flames down, trim the wick

must not show myself
in such an environment as this
where virginity or the sense of it
has to be maintained

dare not violate this with needs like mine
hot as I can get, hot as I can be
hot as she can get, can look, can be
must cool all this, all these

in uniform, all else must be uniformed
must pretend, not let on
how badly I desire to pork
my pork-eating, cheese cake-loving girl

must avoid popping all the buttons
off the front of her white, school blouse

only the highest order is maintained
where she studies

not the sort of school where chaos is principal
where mayhem undoes the hem of the garment
of the day

ii.
able to accommodate a cucumber, my cucumber
or should I peel it and slice it and put it in a salad

rather than insert it in you whole
the whole of it in the hole in you

while you try to listen to teacher
to listen to the lecture, I distract you
with notes to do with culinary delights

knowing your appetite, well aware
of the things you like, you and I like


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
Written between 12:30 p.m.
and 1:25 p.m. on Tuesday,
April 13, 2010

1 Comments:

Anonymous D.A. said...

This was HOT. I got goosebumps. I am speechless by the images depicted here.

Saturday, April 17, 2010 9:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home