Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Taste of Honey
for D.B.A.

try to capture
who captures me
in one swoop

in one vicious, gracious gesture
and I am missing
from where I stood
or sat on earth
or my heart is missing

look upon her
in body fitting blouse
in her elaborate cross
upon her bosom resting
and I am transformed
and transformed
every time since

when I behold this shot of her
this pretty picture
this lovely lady
this lady I love

what if she’s in love
with whomever it is
who snapped her picture

how her breasts
protrude in this blouse
protrude in this picture

light switch upon this room’s
powder-blue wall
just inside the door
to I wonder whose room this is

clicked opposite, up or down
and dark could descend
could envelop her
like a letter to be mailed

ii.
what if you actually tasted it
got to dip your vegetable
in her cucumber sauce

when you didn’t have any
couldn't get any,

you’d die for a bit


here I am,
unable to live without

her voice on the phone

for a minute or two
for an hour or half

eat her and I’d want
to eat her again and again

or I'd want to spit her out


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
Written on Tuesday,
April 13, 2010 between
10:50 and 11:50 p.m.

1 Comments:

Anonymous D.A. said...

Would you spit honey out? Cucumber image again I see. I like cucumber, with salt and lime.

Saturday, April 17, 2010 9:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home