Monday, August 30, 2010

Hymn for Herman
for D.B.A.

her love for me makes me weak
her love for me that real
of her love, she makes me that aware

oh the many minutes, many words
she and I have shared

worried still though
about her need to limit us
to keep us out or me out

of an area of her life or her heart
or her head, her emotions
or any bedroom business

wall up, shield up and I must
if desire is strong enough

break through, break down
whatever partition she erects
with will, with words

uses gospel music,
prayers offered up in earnest

whatever she feels she must
to reinforce the delicate barrier
her hymen is


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
10:55 p.m. 29.08.10

1 Comments:

Anonymous d.a. said...

definitely brilliant ...I meant the poem I mean you too.

Monday, August 30, 2010 9:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home