Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Spider’s Web Spool of Thread
for D.B.A.

me to do, to undo, to put on, to put off
to take on, to take off, to pull off
to pull on along with her panties
to tackle, along with her IBC

her to do and to undo, to put on and to put off
to take on and to take off, to pull off and to pull on
to tackle along with PhD, in what exactly I am uncertain
along with money matters

my paper most likely, my PhD thesis
will have her at the heart of it

unable to put her off or put her down
pull her off or pull her down to do anything else
not even my zip, not even my pants to shit

is it just the same with her where I'm concerned
woven into, woven in with every breath
in every gesture, joined

she and I, joined as joints in a body
even if in places- though in places
and at times, disjointed
at other times, in other places, double jointed

don't like when she is double-minded
when she's divided, subtracted or distracted

like when we are one in spite of all the spilling
pulling, spoiling of this world

like when the spider's web, from its spool of thread
is made: is trap, is all it needs for all its needs

on it, on its knees, in rain or shine
its weight, it waits, worships, works, plays

we have four hands like four spiders
to make life work, to make love with
to knit and not to knit and not to quit


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
12:29 p.m. 01.09.10

3 Comments:

Anonymous d.a said...

I don't know but now more than ever I am realizing that your voice is always the same. I can identify your poem out of an assortment of poems (without having the names labelled). another successful poem you dont really need me to tell you that ay? my opinion only counts because it is dedicated to me so would you like sentimental sentiments or a critique?

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 10:21:00 PM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Thursday, September 02, 2010 4:19:00 AM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

Is it my poetry with which you've become or are becoming overly familiar or is it your face? It is your portrait that I paint for you to read - as accurately as I possibly can. What a lousy mood you seem to be in, reflected by this comment you've left. Are you O.K. or are you not, dba? You can be so very dishonest or so enigmatic about what you think and what you feel. I am so entirely open with you regarding what is going on with me internally. You on the other hand, in very crucial times, leave these rooms within - your inner compartments, darkened, refusing to switch the lights on. I end up groping or stumbling about in them unable to avoid tripping and/or knocking things over.

Thursday, September 02, 2010 4:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home