Friday, September 03, 2010

To Tie or Not
for D.B.A.

more and more around the globe
I heard on National Geographic once
our tie to nature is breaking

heard that and how deeply that resonated
think of it now in relation to my girl

in relationship to this though
how long can I go without hearing from her
without feeling that the strength of our bond
is more and more diluting, dissolving

and how long without hearing from her
before our tie is or before I fear it is broken
and I need to hear from her
a call from her or to see her to tie our tie again

planet that she is- planet that I am
without end spinning, orbiting apart

don't mind orbiting as we must
as is our wont, our nature
once the knot between us is knotted
once we are bonded together

strong force is what physicists credit
for the fact that electrons revolve
about a nucleus to form an atom

my God, what a miracle that Dee and I
orbit each other, insist upon this
as if a law determined it


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
11:46 p.m. 02.09.10

3 Comments:

Anonymous d.a. said...

very clever title. i remember when i had first laid eyes upon your work and i noticed the titles of your poems and i thought wow this is some deep stuff. now I'm in that deep stuff and i understand it.

Friday, September 03, 2010 8:12:00 PM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Friday, September 03, 2010 9:16:00 PM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

You amaze me, dba. What expletives you inspire me to release - rejoicing; in disbelief as well as in adoration. I love your mind quite as much as the rest of you. You are adorable - an inspiration like no one I know or have known.

Friday, September 03, 2010 9:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home