Monday, October 04, 2010

Inspiration Rain
for D.B.A.

what occurred
that day we were
in conversation on the phone
when August rain began to fall

the wind blowing it
into my open windows

in addition to the link
to the song she sent, "Who Let In the Rain"
inspired, she wrote a poem
of the rain falling, pouring down

about the rain in a stream
down her spine, hers
or a woman she invented

that poem of hers,
though it went elsewhere

it began with the lines, with the words
pantiless, penniless
later changed to
without panties, without pennies

remember asking, excited
rain falling still, as I'd concluded reading
her fresh-new, brand-new poem

am I to take it that this was inspired
by the fact that, at present,
you are not wearing panties

I will not answer that,
she responded abruptly
not wanting poem or poetry
connected to fact especially not
if the fact was still fact

wanted to be in a room
in the rain with her
or in a room with her
with the rain outside, falling

in a room with her
with the rain falling outside
with her with no panties on

even knowing
that it was her pussy that was bare
her legs that were wide
enjoying the cool, summer rain-breeze
she thought too much to share

too much for me to be aware
wanting to avoid my having
a hard on I suppose
I had a hard on anyway

and several since that poem was just written
since that August day the rain came down
and the rain blew in

her and me in conversation on the phone
hold on, I had to say
to run, to push down with a bang
and another and another
my push up windows


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
4:12 p.m. 27.09.10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home