Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dilly Milk
for D.B.A.

fuck trying to force-ripe who isn't
fruit ripe on so many trees to pick
whole lot a ripe fruit what dun fall,
all over der ground

force ripin' what een ripe, exhausting myself
with what I need ta leave to the fingers of the rain
to the rays- to der beams of the sun

no wonder I exhausted
tryin ta force-ripe what een ripe

pretending to be, pretended that she was
get my hands around her

fill my fist with the woman I thought she was
only to find a child, as green as a green dilly

that sticky milk, if I had snapped the stem
not juicy at all, not sweet and soft

as hard as turn off, as hard as annoyance
frustrating to tangle with

my God what I was tryin ta do with what ain't right
with what een ready ta pick

maybe soft to somebody else
ta me as hard as a head what hard
as hard as coconut shell


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
8:08 a.m. 27.11.10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home