Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tall Glass of Friendship

happy to see her
happy to see me

my banker friend
as short as a sword-off shot gun
as efficient as can be
first few times she served me

then conflict, serving me
and a second customer
to my great dissatisfaction

before or after that
in response to something
I needed done
that the bank did not allow

I said to her face, so very emphatically,
without uttering a sound, "Fuck!"

next time I appeared to be served
wanting her,
wanting no one else to serve me,
she fled or seemed to
to avoid serving me
I felt so very deeply slighted

I'd held- was holding
nothing at all against her

friendship I thought I'd deepened
I'd botched or destroyed
or damaged temporarily

joy to find her happy to see me
at the Dundas this evening

gave me one cheek to kiss
I accepted, requested the other also
to plant a second kiss upon

to establish or to re-establish
friendship
like a church upon a rock


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
8:58 p.m. 27.11.10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home