Thursday, July 28, 2011

Eggs I should have Boiled
for D.B.A.

all out poured upon the ground
milk enough to make so many cakes

instead of in a baking pan
so very many eggs
broken and emptied out
upon the ground as well

so very much of me, wasted
attempting to love a girl 19
she will be 20 in 14 weeks
in love with her from 17

about 3 years
of emptying out myself
upon the ground

most precious- most expensive
substance, elements of me
I thought to impart

dish with my heart,
this too dropped and broken
so much on the ground
or down the drain

affair that I sometimes thought
was like a dream
risked loving, giving, sharing

but it has thus far
added up to nothing more
than poems on paper

what will they come to be worth
when

I might die not knowing
die assuming it was all a failure

experiment of heart and soul
biggest investment I have ever made
in this life, on this earth


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2011
11:39 a.m. 27.07.11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home