Friday, July 01, 2011

In Raincoats
in Tortuguero
for Ileana & Rafael

her husband,
with what attentive eyes,

is able to observe
what stretches of silence

while his wife, vivacious,
talks, thoughts
flashing swiftly,
puts into words
adds to what's in this world

what I found to own
to want to make my own

shade of her skin
brown, baked in what oven

she said she swims
almost everyday

but only heaven
can explain her color

it is not just in response
to the sun in the sky


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2011
9:22 a.m. 13.05.11

3 Comments:

Blogger Cromatica said...

Thanks Obediah, you are a wonderful poet and friend, it is an honor for me to be in your poetry. I like it very much!

Saturday, July 02, 2011 12:08:00 AM  
Blogger Cromatica said...

Thanks Obediah, it is an honor for me to be in your poetry. I like it very much'1

Saturday, July 02, 2011 12:12:00 AM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

I LOVE YOU and I thank you, Ileana. Friends for LIFE: is my wish and my prayer.

Monday, July 04, 2011 5:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home