Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Shirley & Charlotte
for D.B.A.

search every place, everywhere, every face
search every body I see go by
every female shape for sign
of who might remind me of her

whatever whiff or whatever bit of her
I can snatch at or grab at, lap up or wrap up

anything for thirst or hunger
to quench or to satiate

though I know there is no way
I could get enough of her
even if I cooked her and ate her

would I drink her pee, I wonder
is it grotesque, idea of my own to consume

this fever I have for her though
wet my head with her urine and tie it
and fall asleep, would that help

love like ours, like mine extends
into what's freakish or almost does
or boarders it

how far can what is pure go, into the infinite
or has it its limits

where to with this love in my heart
or with her in my arms

won't want to corrupt a hair follicle even
though if we copulated, upon the bed after
hair would remain, there would be hair

would I be able to tell hers from mine
ours combined to make hair
on our baby’s head

always the issue of where love is
compared to where it wants to go
or will go when the page is turned

or what is beyond the bend
in the road we're traveling on


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
5:21 p.m. 23.03.10

2 Comments:

Anonymous D.A. said...

I love the rhyme. The flow of ideas is very successful. The ideas are as 'out there' as you.



























I always love when you are 'out' writing.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 5:48:00 AM  
Anonymous D.A. said...

I love the rhyme. The flow of ideas is very successful. The ideas are as 'out there' as you.



























I always love when you are 'out' writing.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 5:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home