Monday, April 19, 2010

Add Attract Subtract
for D.B.A.

he wants to add me
I want to take him
away from you
you away from him
you two apart

he wants to add me
I want to subtract him
from loving you
you from loving him

God for his own reason
in his own wisdom
out of love divine
which knows no limit
added you and him and me
to holy scripture
to his creation

drawn like seeds into one fruit
or are we like worms in one
three in one

two buyers at an exhibition
after one painting
or are we a triptych
you at the centre
you in the middle

he wants to add me
expects me to accept
when I want to reject, to eject
when I want you to too

don't like having to compete
with anyone for cherry pie

when I have ice cream to add
scoop to scoop it up

ice cream in scoops
to heap upon your belly bare
upon your bare belly

warm belly
to make ice cream melt
want it all to myself
and for myself

he wants to add me
I want to add ice cream

kiss and suck and lick
wherever ice cream runs

certainly do not wish
anyone with us in the dish
in the room in the romance


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
2:54 p.m. 19.04.10

1 Comments:

Anonymous D.A. said...

Very nice. Repetition of "add" is very effective.

Monday, April 19, 2010 4:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home