Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Verse Maps
for D.B.A.

i.
used to take
or used to try
to take good care of me
now she takes
no care of me

what I undergo
what I am put through
pushed through
dragged through

what I have to put up with
in this relationship

that is at times nothing at all
or little or nothing

a thing oftentimes
without reward

ii.
since you want me to
I'm trying to
but it is not easy
to withdraw completely

not easy
to withdraw immediately

I try and I fail
I'm trying and I'm failing

in so deep
in too deep

like some severe injury
affair we have

to separate
a case for A & E

iii.
however it pitches
this affair we are in
or this nothing at all

attached by poetry, by words
if not to each other

I am left to- committed
to trace, to make a contour of
to make verse of
make music of

like music waves make
sush shush swish
on their way to shore

I am sure
about nothing between us
in this affair

affection we share

or fail to

still I must map it out
make a map
of nothing


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
Written between 7:00 a.m.
Tuesday, November 30
and 4:16 a.m. Wednesday,
December 1, 2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home