Sunday, May 06, 2012

Loving Hands

i.
Four who are left,
sisters of mine,
attired in black, in mourning,
at my sister, Marjorie's funeral.

Oh, how good it was
to see them: to be with
these four of six woman
who have, with such loving hands,
shaped my life, who have so inspired me.

Mom and Marjorie, R.I.P.

ii.
woman give you piece,
as sweet or sweeter than a hit

decide to deprive you of it
just when you have become an addict

like someone exposed to-
experimenting with freebasing cocaine

deprive you of what she knows
you'd suffer unbearably
to have to do without-
to have to live without

happy to leave you helpless
happy to bring you to your knees

iii.
roach to spank to death
with a foot of my slippers


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2012
Written between 7:55 p.m. and
11:14 p.m. on Saturday, May 5, 2012

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home