Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Apple A Day
for D.B.A.

word to get through to you
to pass through to you

recall a few times a few false starts
to get to where we are

timid of ideas
you wanted to withdraw
or to disconnect,
to disassociate yourself
from what was too strong
or what seemed inappropriate

what has changed since then
since those bumps in the road
necessary it seems
to get us to this place

to where we are, to where
I could not have imagined being

such closeness,
as pressed together as we are
such a rub as this
I had not imagined

did not imagine
you being the closest person
in all the world to me

imagine that, such a contract
written in verse and similarly signed

will I get out today or will I stay in
in cyber space where we reside
where we're together, you and I

window to it, my PC,
this computer upon my desk
with its TV-like screen

via this,
you enter my heart
and soul and senses
and through it,
I am able to access you

when I go out, when I'm in town
I far from you, from home

but you know what, I'd feel you
filling my body with emotions

traversing all the wires in me
the arteries and veins

and with pen in my note book
I'd out pour what is over flowing
spilling over


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
4:25 p.m. 24.03.10

2 Comments:

Anonymous D.A. said...

True.

Healthy to release to admit to eat an apple a day.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 10:49:00 PM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

Girl a glad ta hear from yur. Thanks for these precious words. Have you a favorite of all the poems I have written of you to date, dba? Don't know why it is that I have the attachment that I do to, "Leaves Shadows," written on August 14, 2009. What stays in my senses is the writing of that poem, the experience that was. It seems as if that opened something up and made what followed possible - the poems which followed as well as what and how you and I are. I find it difficult now to believe that I wrote all 6 parts of that in 90 minutes. That was a very special creative happening.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 11:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home